When you first start your search for an auto shipping company, the amount of options can be daunting. How do you know which company suits your needs? Which one provides the best service? This quick guide will help you select the most suitable auto transport company to get your car to its destination safely.
Ask people you know
Do you have a relative or neighbor who has shipped their car recently? Do you frequent any automobile forums with trusted members? These are the first people you turn to in your initial research. Do a quick google search for car shipping experiences to find other people with experience shipping their car.
Read reviews online
Another great place to find a reputable car shipping company is via review websites. For example, you can read Montway Auto Transport reviews on a variety of websites, such as Transport Reviews, the Better Business Bureau, and My Moving Reviews, where you can read thousands of reviews from customers. Reviews through these websites require verification, so you can rest assured that they are real reviews from real customers.
Get your quotes
At this stage, once you’ve found a reliable auto transport company or two, you can give them a call or fill out an online form on their website to receive a quote. There are several things to keep in mind when you start getting quotes from these companies:
- Your quote is not set in stone. The rate you receive is an estimate of how much it will cost to ship your car given the details. You will not know the exact price until after your order is booked and a trucker is found to ship your car.
- Don’t go with the lowest bidder. You should get several quotes from different companies in order to have a ballpark estimate. Because the prices fluctuate, you shouldn’t automatically choose the lowest price. Some companies will intentionally quote you a low price to get your business, and then the actual price you receive later is much higher than expected.
Don’t be afraid to email each company with any questions you may have about the service. You should address their contingency plans for specific situations such as accidents, inclement weather, and their cancellation policies. Keep notes for yourself so that you can compare each company side by side later.
Lastly, research the different add-ons and services that each company offers, such as guaranteed delivery dates. You can reach out to them via phone, or in some cases, you can talk to them right on their website – which is a strong trust signal. Montway offers a live chat online where you can get a response to your questions right away. It’s important to get to know the company and know how prepared they are for any situation.
Make a decision
At this stage, you’ve likely received several different quotes. After combing through reviews, hearing friend and family experiences, and judging for yourself based on the customer service you’ve received, choose an auto transport company. Some questions to ask yourself before you book:
- Do I like this company’s customer service? Have they answered all my questions to my satisfaction?
- Am I happy with the quoted price range?
- Does the company have a trustworthy reputation?
- Does the company offer the services I need, such as door-to-door transport and expedited shipping?
To book your order, simply call the company you’ve chosen and ask to speak to an agent. Be sure to have your car’s relevant details on hand when you call.
Read what our customers say about their experience with Montway at Montway Auto Transport reviews.