As the motorcycle industry continues to grow, so does the number of exciting innovations in motorcycles and new motorbike technology. Everything from the way motorcycles are built and powered, to how they look and even the gear that riders wear continues to evolve every year. New trends and developments within the motorcycle world are an exciting part of motorcycle culture, often being showcased at famous rallies around the country for enthusiasts to get a first look. In this post, we’ll highlight some of the most exciting new motorcycle trends for 2022.
- Classic style motorcycle designsIn 2021, vintage-inspired motorcycle designs came back in a big way, and it looks like the trend will continue through 2022. Modern production companies are looking to the past for design inspiration and equipping these machines with the latest and greatest in engine, safety and ergonomics technology. Riders get to enjoy new motorcycles that look vintage and come with all the amenities of modern-day motorcycles. Whether you’re looking for a nostalgic design that reminds you of your very first bike, or you just like the look of previous generations’ designs, the retro motorcycle trend is resonating with many modern-day riders and is here to stay.
Do you have an authentic vintage bike that you need to move cross-country? Or did you find the motorcycle of your dreams from a seller in a different state? Read these tips on how to ship a vintage motorcycle.
- Safety gearKeeping your bike safe is one thing, but keeping yourself safe while riding is even more important. Riding a motorcycle is dangerous no matter how you look at it—especially at high speeds, on treacherous terrain and around other moving vehicles. That’s why it’s critical to know about the safety features on bikes and to have the right gear to protect yourself in case an accident occurs.
From jackets and helmets to gloves and boots, motorcycle gear manufacturers have started to develop new motorcycle safety technology to increase rider protection, like airbag jackets and vests that are shown to reduce forward momentum in a crash by roughly 60 percent and head trauma by approximately 80 percent.
- Motorcycle Security SystemsFor many riders, their motorcycle is their prized possession. Leaving a bike unattended can be concerning for bikers, especially since they lack the traditional security features other vehicles have, leaving them more susceptible to theft or vandalism. Fortunately, motorcycle security has come a long way, and now the market is full of new tools and systems to keep your motorcycle safe—one of the leaders in the space being the Scorpio security system for motorcycles.The more straightforward alarm systems will lock your bike and act as a noise-maker if someone tries to tamper with it. These have been around for years and do a good job scaring off potential thieves. More recent advancements in motorcycle security are now offering hidden alarm systems, GPS tracking with notifications on your phone and even the ability to remotely kill the ignition if somebody manages to get away with your bike. As technology continues to advance, so do the ways to keep yourself and your motorcycle out of harm’s way
- Liquid coolingWhile not a new technology in itself, liquid-cooled bikes have been gaining popularity compared to their air-cooled counterparts. Liquid cooling offers a quieter ride and fewer components to maintain, which is appealing to new riders that want an easy introduction to motorcycles, and to more experienced riders who just want a more simplified riding experience. In addition to being more durable, liquid-cooled bikes transfer heat to the front of the motorcycle, making them more comfortable on long, scenic rides or when stuck in traffic.
Air-cooled bikes aren’t going anywhere (Harley Davidson bikes are almost entirely air-cooled), but liquid cooling is growing out of its niche where it was once typically used for racing motorcycles.
- Electric motorcyclesNot surprisingly, electric motorcycles are featured on the list of trends and innovations. The advantages of electric motorcycles are well documented, but what you might not know is that the concept of electric bikes dates back to the invention of the motorcycle over 100 years ago. Up until this point they’ve largely been produced by smaller manufacturers and electric-only startups, but now major manufacturers are getting on board.
Harley Davidson’s fully electric LiveWire bike has quickly become a best-selling electric motorcycle in the U.S. Not to be outdone, Honda and BMW also revealed their electric motorcycles scheduled to release in the near future. Honda has even taken things a step further by announcing its goal of going 100% electric with all of their vehicles, including motorcycles, by 2040.
Shipping your motorcycle
There are lots of reasons you might need to ship your motorcycle: moving cross-country, going on vacation, visiting a motorcycle rally or buying from a seller in a different state. No matter the reason, you want to make sure your bike is in good hands by selecting a reputable company with experience moving motorcycles and specialty vehicles.
Ready to get started and ship your motorcycle? Montway Auto Transport will help you find a reliable carrier with the skills and equipment to safely move it. Talk to a motorcycle shipping advisor at 888-989-8526 or learn more about motorcycle shipping.