- Understanding the auto shipping process
- How much does it cost to ship a car from New York to Florida
- How long does it take to ship a car from New York to Florida?
- How to prepare your vehicle for shipping from New York to Florida
- What to expect on delivery
- Why choose Montway for your auto transport needs
- Frequently asked questions
Looking to transport your vehicle from New York to Florida? You’re not alone. With at least 1,000 miles separating the two states, driving the car yourself is a less-than-ideal option, especially when you consider the time it’ll take, potential expenses from fuel as well as the safety concerns that come with long drives.
If you’re a seasonal traveler or buying a car from a seller or dealer in New York, consider the smart move of shipping your car with Montway Auto Transport. With over 15 years of expertise, we’re the go-to team for arranging seamless car shipping from New York to Florida. For a personalized estimate on New York to Florida car shipping costs, check out our free instant quote calculator.
Understanding the auto shipping process
New to auto shipping? Don’t worry, Montway makes it simple. Here’s how:
Step 1: Get a quote based on your vehicle type, preferred shipping date and locations.
Step 2: Lock in your car shipping by placing an order.
Step 3: Get notified when your vehicle shipment is assigned to a trucker in our network.
On your pickup date, your vehicle will be loaded onto a trailer and transported to your chosen destination—maybe even right to your door.
Our mission at Montway is to provide each customer with a 5-star experience. Have questions about how auto transport works from New York to Florida? Just ask! Our dedicated advisors are here 365 days a year to ensure a smooth journey for your vehicle.
How much does it cost to ship a car from New York to Florida
Factors that influence the cost of shipping a car from New York to Florida
- Distance: The main determinant in your car shipping cost is the travel distance. Naturally, the farther the distance, the higher the overall cost.
- Vehicle type and condition: Precise car specifications matter, so try to include as many specific details for the most accurate quote. Larger vehicles, those with modifications or inoperable cars might need special arrangements which could affect the cost.
- Shipping method: Open transport is common and budget-friendly, while enclosed transport is a bit more expensive and suits luxury, exotic or low-clearance vehicles.
- Seasonality: Just like other industries, car shipping experiences peak and off-peak periods. Prices can vary due to seasonal demand.
Montway customers tell us they enjoy the convenience, safety and peace of mind they receive when using our professional auto shipping services.
The average cost of shipping a car from New York to Florida
|Shipping From||Shipping To||Price Estimate|
|New York City, NY||Orlando, FL||$1,039|
|Buffalo, NY||Miami, FL||$1,149|
|Albany, NY||Tallahassee, FL||$1,309|
|Manhattan, NY||Tampa, FL||$1,049|
|Brooklyn, NY||Sarasota, FL||$1,069|
How long does it take to ship a car from New York to Florida?
The duration of your New York to Florida car shipment depends on several factors. The first and most important factor is the distance between your two exact locations. To give you an idea, a typical 1,100-mile journey between New York and Florida generally spans 4 to 6 days.
While the majority of car shipments stick to the planned schedule, certain factors like adverse weather conditions, traffic or unexpected road closures might call for detours, leading to potential delays.
With Montway, you’ll receive an estimated delivery date and you’re always welcome to get in touch with us for real-time updates on your vehicle’s journey. Your peace of mind is our priority.
The average transit time to ship a car from New York to Florida
|Shipping from||Shipping to||Average distance||Time estimate|
|New York City, NY||Orlando, FL||1,077 miles||4 to 6 days|
|Buffalo, NY||Miami, FL||1,387 miles||4 to 6 days|
|Albany, NY||Tallahassee, FL||1,232 miles||4 to 6 days|
|Manhattan, NY||Tampa, FL||1,132 miles||4 to 6 days|
|Brooklyn, NY||Sarasota, FL||1,185 miles||4 to 6 days|
How to prepare your vehicle for shipping from New York to Florida
Getting your vehicle ready for its journey from New York to Florida is a crucial step for a smooth and efficient experience. Follow these tips to ensure a hassle-free process:
- Have keys ready. You are expected to provide a set of keys to the trucker at vehicle pickup.
- Wash your vehicle. It’s suggested you wash your vehicle prior to pickup. This makes it easier for you and the trucker to inspect your car for any scratches, dents, etc. You’ll sign the Bill of Lading (BOL) with this inspection at pickup and delivery.
- Fuel levels. Make sure your gas tank is about 1/4 full. A full tank adds weight to your vehicle and the car carrier. Electric vehicles should have at least a 50% charged battery and charging cables.
- Exterior. Retract or remove your antenna and place it in your trunk. Remove your bike rack and any aftermarket accessories.
- Remove valuables and personal items. Remove vehicle add-ons such as custom stereos and GPS systems.
- Parking passes/toll tags. Remove all passes or tags to avoid fees as your car passes through tolls. You’ll be responsible for resolving any fees incurred during transport.
What to expect on delivery
Once you’ve shipped your car from New York, you can kick back and relax until it arrives in Florida! When your vehicle is nearing its destination, the trucker will contact you. Upon arrival, inspect your car and sign the Bill of Lading (BOL) as a receipt. For questions or concerns, you can speak with a Montway representative at any time. With nearly 100,000 online customer reviews, you can rest assured that Montway will provide safe and efficient delivery and 5-star service during every step of the car shipping process.
“We recently moved our car from New York to Florida and used Montway. Excellent service, on-time delivery and value for money.” ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Lavanya Sriram, 7/25/2023
Why choose Montway for your auto transport needs
Simplify your auto transport and say goodbye to long-distance driving. When you ship your vehicle with Montway, it will be safely handled by fully licensed and insured professionals so you can focus on the other important (and fun!) parts of traveling to Florida.
We take pride in our efficient and powerful logistics, unwavering service excellence and the recognition we’ve earned from over one million customers. Here’s why selecting us for shipping your car from New York to Florida is a decision you can count on:
- Licensed and insured: Montway is a fully licensed and insured auto transport company. The safety of your vehicle in transit is our priority.
- Dependable delivery: Our streamlined logistics, coupled with an extensive nationwide network of carriers, ensure prompt pickup and delivery of your vehicle.
- Competitive pricing: We offer some of the industry’s most competitive rates while upholding the highest quality of service.
- 5-star customer service: Our dedicated customer service team stands by to assist you at every step of your auto shipping experience.
Ready to head south for the sunny skies of Florida? Secure a quote from Montway Auto Transport today for affordable, dependable and award-winning car shipping.
Frequently asked questions
How do I ship a car from one state to another in the U.S.?
Shipping a car anywhere in the U.S. is just like shipping a car from New York to Florida. The process starts with choosing a reputable auto transport company, getting a quote and booking your order. Then once your pickup date is set, you’ll prepare your car for shipping.
What is the cheapest company to ship your car?
While cost is an important factor, it’s also crucial to consider the company’s reliability, service quality and customer reviews. Montway offers competitive rates with a priority on safety and service. A simple way to save money is by opting for open auto transport rather than enclosed. You can also save money by keeping your pickup date flexible and avoiding seasonal demand.
Who is the most reliable car transport company?
There are many auto transport providers in the market, but only Montway has nearly two decades of experience, a reliable nationwide carrier network and a proven commitment to delivering 5-star service. We want our customers to have a hassle-free car shipping experience.
How much does it cost to ship a car to another state?
The cost of shipping a car to another state depends on several factors, including the distance, the type and condition of your vehicle, the transport trailer and the season. Do you need to calculate the costs of moving your vehicle from New York to Florida or another state? Click here to get an instant quote on your auto shipment.
How long does it take to ship a car from New York to Florida?
The transit time can vary based on the distance, the specific route and other factors. On average, it can take between 4 and 6 days to ship a car from New York to Florida.